Norma Grant Competition Reminders/Starting Order
Dear JSA & Pre-Star Skaters and Parents,
Click here for the skating order for this Friday’s Norma Grant Junior Stars Academy & Pre-Star Club Competition 2019. This is the order the skaters will perform in the competition. I hope you are all as excited to participate as we are to watch you in this event.
Here are a few important details to remember for the day.
- Please ensure you arrive at the rink 30 minutes prior to the start time of the competition. You will be required to check in at the registration desk upon arrival where you will receive your official accreditation and welcome pack.
- Competition attire should be as close as possible to the following:
If the girls want to wear a bit of make-up that is fine but it should be modest in the application for this age group. All skaters should also have a form fitted sweater and gloves to wear when they go onto the ice for their warm-up. When they compete they will take their sweater and gloves off for the performance.
- Once skaters have finished competing they will remain at rink-side to watch the remaining skaters perform. They should, therefore, ensure they bring with them a warm winter jacket and/or a blanket to keep warm at that time.
- There will be an awards ceremony upstairs in the multi-purpose room directly upon the conclusion of the Pre-Star event. Awards will be handed out, there will be refreshments for the skaters and the JSA Store will be open for skaters to shop. Please ensure they skaters bring their gold coins with them if they want to purchase things from the store. Note: parent of new Junior Stars Academy skaters, the gold coins they are given as rewards during on ice and off ice classes are collected throughout the year and then we have a store at the end of each season where the skaters can use their gold coins received to purchase items at the store. They must bring their gold coins with them in order to shop at the store.
- Parents that have offered to volunteer, we will meet 30 minutes prior to the start of the competition to discuss the tasks and roles of the volunteers. Thank you to all of you who offered to volunteer for this event. Your time and efforts do not pass without my sincerest gratitude.
If you have any further questions regarding the competition or any of the proceedings, please feel free to email me and I will endeavour to answer as quickly as possible.