We skate all year!
Sungod Skating Club runs programs on the following schedule:
Fall & Winter Session: September - March
Spring Session: April - June
Summer Session: July - August
Each skater who registers with the Sungod Skating Club is required to pay a non-refundable Skate Canada membership fee as part of their registration. This fee, set by the Skate Canada's National Board of Directors, is payable once per skating year (September 1 - August 31), and is not pro-rated at any time. Membership to Skate Canada entitles your skater to a unique Skate Canada membership number which grants you access to the Members Only section of the Skate Canada web site www.skatecanada.ca. Your skater's Skate Canada number will not change and will remain your child’s link to Skate Canada forever, even in years you are not an active member.
The current Skate Canada Fee is $36.00 per year.
Membership Benefits include:
- Become part of the skating family and a national recognized association with a strong history and an outstanding national and international reputation.
- Participation in the Member Accident insurance program as a reduced rate
- Access to high quality Skate Canada Programs that are recognized and sought after internationally and by other national sport organizations.
- Access to qualified, NCCP certified Skate Canada professional coaches who have been trained through high quality training programs developed by Skate Canada.
- Expertly developed and professional delivered Skate Canada Programs such as CanSkate and StarSkate
- The opportunity to participate in interclub and invitational competitions
- Special member prices on merchandise from the on-line store
- Receive the option to purchase selected Skate Canada event tickets prior to the general public or at a discounted prices for members
- Opportunities to be recognized through a nationally standardized testing system for achieving specific figure skating skills
- Toll free telephone and fax access to member services and national office.
- Elite athlete and skater development funding and programs.
- Voting privileges and opportunity to participate in the decision-making and direction of the Association.
Being a member of Skate Canada gives your child the benefit from participation in a sport that promotes fun, fitness, achievement and the development of essential life skills such as confidence, time and stress management, teamwork and motivation/commitment.